The MIMIC IoT Simulator creates a real-world test lab with
many thousands of manageable IoT sensors, gateways and other connected
devices to simulate your IoT environment related to
It is a suite of simulators designed to implement end-to-end IoT Testing
by covering all protocols required by IoT Applications, Middleware, Brokers, Load Balancers, MQTT gateways and clients. MIMIC allows suppliers of sensors, devices and applications to design, develop and test their applications using secured connections, in a virtual and scalable network environment.
It is specifically designed to mitigate risks associated with deployment
of large IoT applications by rapid prototyping of multiple alternatives,
and load and feature testing of many scenarios.
Used in IoT performance testing, they can assure their customers that their applications will be able to handle the scales of connections, topics and varieties of messages to work properly when deployed across heterogeneous environments. They can also create variety of benchmarks to show the scalability for sensors, volume of messages and topics.
With MIMIC IoT Simulator you can create a Smart City:
- Simulate thousands of Publishers and Subscribers:
- Each with their own IP address, Port, Client ID and Authentication
- Each Publisher can publish to multiple, unique topics
- Each Subscriber can subscribe to multiple, unique topics, including Wildcard topics
- Each Publisher can be a Subscriber also.
- Connect to Brokers, Load balancers and clients using secured connections using TLS.
- Include Authenticated (with User Name/Password) messages for every connections.
- Send messages with various QoS levels.
- Send messages with various message length, different frequencies or malicious information to test the security.
- Configure Connect and Re-Connect as needed.
- Simulate faulty sensor network to verify robustness of subscriber application
- Monitor the end-to-end delay (latency) for messages going from Publishers to Subscribers through the Broker.
The most common uses of Iot Simulator are:
- Development and Testing: IoT application developers can implement
their products quickly and test reliably - specifically, the performance testing of
scalability against thousands of sensors.
- Proof of Concept: By creating various heterogeneous environment of sensors and devices, it is easy to evaluate the suitability of applications with anticipated failure and growth scenarios, or proof of concept before deployment.
- Trade Shows: Marketing can setup powerful "live" demonstrations at trade shows.
- Sales Demos: Sales can tailor presentations to the individual customer's environment.
- Training Environments: Realistic training scenarios can explore all possible cases. Training environment can be portable rather than based on the classroom.
MQTT Simulator: MIMIC can simulate 100,000 MQTTv3.1 or MQTTv3.1.1 based sensors and devices. Each one can be started or stopped individually or in a group. Each one has it's own IP address, Port and version. Once started, the device starts sending and responding to the MQTT requests to/from any broker or application from anywhere in the network.
HTTP/REST Simulator: Communicate with sensors and devices using HTTP/HTTPS/REST. Each device can be started or stopped individually or in a group. Each one has it's own IP address, Port and version. Once started, the device starts responding to the REST requests to any application from anywhere in the network.
simulate thousands of CoAP
devices (servers) to be managed by one or more clients.
Create many simulated Modbus slave devices to communicate with a
Modbus master over TCP. Each slave has its own IP address. and
responds to requests from the master.
MIMICShell: Control all activities using MIMIC Command line interface, in addition to the GUI.
Supported Platforms: Windows®, Linux and Amazon Cloud. (details)
If you are interested in creating your test lab with devices and topology, MIMIC Simulator Suite allows you to create SNMPv1, SNMPv2c, SNMPv3, NetFlow, sFlow, IPMI, Cisco IOS, Juniper JUNOS, Telnet/SSH based devices. You can simulate as many as 100,000 devices in a lab. It includes MIMIC Recorder to record your production network and duplicate it in your test lab.